This is a flexible holiday which allows you to explore some of the beautiful countryside and historic sites of South Bohemia in the Czech Republic at your own speed..
Dates: April to October arrival any day
8 days 7 nights or on request
You will be based in Cesky Krumlov, with its perfect historic centre and impressive castle. We have developed a selection of walks for all abilities, which allow you to enjoy picturesque villages, beautiful countryside, castles, churches, nature reserves and the nearby Sumava national park. You can walk as much or as little as you wish and you don’t have to decide in advance.
You will be supplied with a pack which includes a map for each walk, walk description, map of Krumlov as well as information on walking in the Czech Republic.
Because we have designed the walks around the Ceske Budejovice – Sumava train line (you get timetables as part of the walks pack) this holiday is perfect for people who don’t want to hire a car but do want to get off the tourist routes. Transfers from and to Prague by scheduled luxury coach are part of the package.
Some of the sights on the walks are:
• the Sumava National Park
• Dvici Kamen castle
• Zlata Koruna Abbey
• the Klet Mountain with its observatory and spectacular views
• the woods of the Blansky Les Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
• the Kajov abbey
• Lake Lipno – the largest lake in the country
• Lake Olsina with its museum of fish-farming
• the Vysensky Kopce nature reserve with its rare flowers. Inclusions
• 7 nights twin share accommodation in 3* bed and buffet breakfast
• Transfers from Prague to Krumlov and return by Student Agency bus
• Walks pack and the loan of a Czech phone loaded with useful numbers in case of an emergency. N.B We can also offer accommodation in Prague as part of the package.